Thursday, March 13, 2014

Candidate Profile - Denis Rouillard



Denis Rouillard



I have recently relocated to Queensland after being granted permanent residency in Australia, and I am currently seeking employment in the GIS/Spatial sciences/Asset management field. I would really appreciate the opportunity to be an actively promoted candidate on your site, and to have my details distributed to employers in Queensland, NSW and Victoria.

Until December 2013, I worked as a GIS data technician at the Oceanographic Research Institute (ORI) in Durban, South Africa, working closely with senior scientists and other internal customers to create customized spatial representations to effectively display their data. In this position, I used the ArcGIS software package to complete multiple projects on a daily basis for over four years. I was also involved in supporting local government decision-making processes through compiling analytical reports in various aspects of coastal zone research. While that work was often challenging it was also extremely rewarding to see what impact a small breakthrough could have and it allowed me to enhance my ability to think critically, analyze complex situations and develop the capacity to engage in deep thinking about complex topics.

Additionally, I have approximately 18 months of asset management experience in a fast-paced corporate environment through my previous position at QC Data UK, and some Australian work experience gained at Murdoch University after completing my MSc there. I hold an unrestricted South African B class driver’s license (accepted equivalent of Australian C class license).

It is my goal to obtain a position where I can utilize the skills and knowledge acquired throughout my studies as well as my work experience in order to pursue a new, challenging and rewarding career that I am passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment